Saturday, August 4, 2012

First Olympiad

As we know, the moments unforgettable if those are happen first time with us. It is happen with me, I’m the first time to be winner in mathematics’ Olympiad when I’m still study in Tadulako University. Why that is very impressing to me? On May 2 is Education day for Indonesian society. Every year, all of student celebrates it. Exactly May 2 2009, the protocol of flag ceremony calls my name to get reward from rector. My heart beat so fast, because lecture, staff and student of Tadulako University march behind me. Beside that, my name called first than other my friend, this caused by I have highest score. There are there of subjects were conducted in National Olympiad of Mathematic and science as follows; Mathematic, Physic and Chemistry. Every subject of Olympiad will have selected 5 candidates from province level to do competition in Regional level. When I and my friend to candidates or representative from Central Sulawesi, we competing in regional level in Makasar. On May 10 2009, we go to Makasar by Plane. This is also first time I traveling by plane. May be you say that, I’m a villager. That is true, I’m from small village. We arrive in International Hasanuddin airport about a hour after depart time and then tomorrow is our days to do competition with candidates from other provinces. We take test only two days in Hasanuddin University. After that we wait the announcement through internet about a month after test. Unfortunately, all candidates from Central Sulawesi don’t pass in Regional Level. I Just say “Failure is a starting point of successes”.

1 comment:

  1. mantaf bli,
    your adventure very inspiring,,
    "a villager" me too :D

    ReplyDelete