Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Journey To Get IMPoME Scholarship

At this time, I will share information about my journey to get IMPoME scholarship. I’m wishing this info useful for you to gain another abroad's scholarships. IMPoME is abbreviation of International Master Program on Mathematic Education. So, it’s only for mathematics graduated. Based on consortium between Freudental’s Institute and Indonesia especially University of Surabaya (UNESA) and University of Sriwijiya (UNSRI),  there 3 stages to conduct it’s scholarship i.e. six month study in Indonesian and a years study in Netherland (Freudental’s Institute) and make the last research in Indonesian. It’s offered to candidates who fulfill requirements.
When register information of IMPoME scholarship was published, I tried to prepare the requirement which I  will need. First step, I took ITP TOEFL test about on July 2011 at ELC Palu. My score at first test is so far from my wish. I only got score 437. Might it caused by I never took English course and also  have much schedule teach in the school and private course. To increase gradually my score, I always studied alone at home after came back from teaching at private course. And then 2 month later, I took the second test at same place, fortunately my score grew up to 453. I'm proud although has little improvement. I used this score to complete my document. The next challenges still wait me, because I have to get a proof as New Academic Staff from Tadulako University. I spent my time about a month to get it. Finally, my entire document was complete; I sent it before December 31 2011 or deadline.
After about 2 month waiting the announcement, my friend calls me from UNESA and said that I’m pass. Suddenly, my heart beat faster. I happy, my effort am not hopeless. Immediately, I go to check the truth of that information through internet. I saw my name number 21 of 40 who pass in document screening. It isn’t the last journey, because on March 20 201, I have to take interview at Makasar. On March 19 2012, I went to Makasar, I has big problem when check in at Mutiara airport. Suddenly Sriwijaya Air delay go to Makasar until tomorrow because have broken machine. That situation made me stress and panic, don’t know what I do. I think and think what solution of this problem is. I not want fail in interview test. Fortunately, I have last chance go to Makasar flying with Garuda Airlines on evening although price of ticket is more expensive. Something unforgettable of this moment is I’m flying with seat number 1A in business class. The first time I got special number in my traveling by plane. I hope that is lucky number.
About an hour from Palu to Makasar, the plane landed on Hasannudin International airport from Mutiara airport. I arrived about 7 pm o’clock. then I call my friend asking help to pick me, but he is busy. So I decided to hire someone who using motorcycle (OJEK) accompanies me go to my destination and then arrived to home of my friend. I tell  it’s story to my friend, he just give me advice, all of problem have advantages.
Time was gone; I prepared to go at interview’s place in Makasar State University. When I arrived, other candidates and I waited few minute and then interviewer enters the interview room, He asking us, who is the first want taking interview? We quite all few second look at each other, I decided raise my hand, so I’m the first candidate take interview, when interview was began, I keep calm down to answer all questions in English. I’m happy when finish it. My mind feels so great without problem.
Time always pass way. I’m always checking the result in internet. About 2 week from interview schedule. Announcement about the last candidate who passes or gets scholarship was published. In fact, my name always appears. Thanks God always give chance to be better.


1 comment: