Saturday, September 8, 2012

GALUNGAN IN 2012



Exactly Wednesday, 28th august 2012, had been celebrated religion ceremony. All of Hindu in Indonesia celebrates Galungan day. Galungan is the most important feast for Hinduism, a celebration to honor the creator of the universe (Ida Sang Hyang Widi) and the spirits of the honored ancestors. Beside that, Galungan is a day where Hinduism strengthens the relation among Hinduism or other religion.
Galungan is a victory of good (Dharma) over evil (Adharma), and encourages the Hinduism to show their gratitude to the creator and sainted ancestors.
Galungan occurs once in the 210-day cycle of the Balinese calendar, and marks the time of the year when the spirits of the ancestors are believed to visit the earth. Balinese Hindus perform rituals that are meant to welcome and entertain these returning spirits.
Galungan is a time and day where I was born. My parent always makes cake to celebrate my time and day of birth. They love me so much. They pray to me for my safety and healthy. They are myhero.  
But Galungan in this day is different. I lived so far from family and could not celebrate it where I lived in Palembang to take English course. That day, I went to campus which located about 1 kilo meters from my dormitory by walk.  Although I did not celebrate it with parent, brother and sister, I always kept spirit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment